photo images_zpsbde752ba.jpg photo images_zps62e819c2.jpg photo images2_zps8dce0743.jpg

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Getting More out of 2014!

As I began to think of the typical New Year’s resolutions I started making my list with the rest of America.

I will lose “X” pounds.
I will learn to knit.
I will give to charity more.
I will read *insert popular book series*.
I will go *insert exotic place*.
I will do this better.
I will do that better.

While I was making this list I (of course) got sidetracked by a pin on Pintrest that led me to this website. Oneword365 encourages people to stop making monogamous lists at the beginning of each year and focus on one word to define their next 365 days. This word can be any word of your choosing. Some say the word chooses them, while others just randomly pick one that sounds good to chew on for awhile.

 As I contemplated what my word would be I looked through my once crumpled up list and found a common theme. Each resolution described things I already do, but wanted to do more of. Each resolution described actions I wanted to no longer scratch the surface of, stop doing habitually, or change my attitude toward. This made clear to me what I would focus on in 2014.




Each month, I want to focus on doing something more. I want to encourage others through my journey. This next year holds a lot of traveling, learning, growing, and enjoying. I want to make the most of it and remember as much as possible!

Blessings,
Chelsea

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, I chose "more" as my word for the year, too! Or maybe it chose me. I love how you framed it as getting more out of the year! Can't wait to see how this word unfolds.

    ReplyDelete