photo images_zpsbde752ba.jpg photo images_zps62e819c2.jpg photo images2_zps8dce0743.jpg

Friday, July 11, 2014

Week 5: VCC and Vino Nuevo

This week we worked with a group from Dublin, CA. VCC is no stranger to Agua Viva; they have been coming several times a year since 1989! I worked with them men all week on building new bathrooms for Vino Nuevo and some roofing. I was so encouraged by their work effort, how encouraging they were, and how serious they took their faith all week. I came into this week thinking it was going to be exhausting and having a bad attitude, but once I was around the group they completely changed my attitude. I am so thankful for the friendships I made this week! Though I was consumed in working this week, God did a number on my heart that I am so glad He keeps reminding me of. 

This week I was asked, "Did you ever think you would be hanging drywall in Mexico?" I simply said no, but in my mind I couldn't help but think I never thought I would even be in Mexico to begin with. I thought back to 6 years ago when I answered God's call for my life to do miss one having no idea where He would take me. If you would have told me then that I would be spending 2 and a half months working in Mexico I wouldn't have thought twice about it. The more I kept thinking about all God has blessed and surprised me with in my life the more I wanted to praise Him. God knows my heart's desires before I do. As long as I rely on His strength to get me through there is nothing too hard or impossible. Who knows what my life is going to look like this time next year or 5 years from now. I do know one thing- its going to be far more than I could ever imagine! 

As I still have 30 days here, I pray I have faith enough to know God is going to do big things in me and through me! 

Blessings,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment