photo images_zpsbde752ba.jpg photo images_zps62e819c2.jpg photo images2_zps8dce0743.jpg

Friday, June 6, 2014

Estoy Aqui!

May 27th 6:25am
God, am I ready for what you have called me to do? Even though I have always felt independent, this morning when Mom dropped me off I felt as if she should have been holding my hand all the way to my seat on the plane.
11:30am
Lord, calm my spirit.I know You are with me. May your Holy Spirit guide me.
9:15pm
God, you are so faithful. I AM IN MEXICO!! Prepare my heart and mind so that I may serve you well this summer.
June 6, 6:45pm
My Father, my heart is so full. I have grown to love the people I work with and I know you are going to bless our ministry and time together this summer.

As I reflect on these journal entries I can't help but stop and praise God for all He has blessed me with this past week and a half. I serve such a big God who cares for every intricate detail of me and that blows my mind.
I would love to give y'all a look into what life has been like so far!

We arrived at camp and I couldn't get enough of the beauty all around me. Between the mountains and the city, I fell in love with the new creation God had blessed me with. We began training and the other interns and I got to know each other. Shortly after we arrived we began our homestays. I got so nervous! Even though my boss, Becky, told me I had nothing to worry about. I met my Mexican family and all my worries fleed. 
I lived with the Hiram-Flores family all weekend and couldn't have asked for anyone better! The family consisted of Olvia and Willie and their two sons, Daniel (16) and Josue (17). They were such a joy to be around. I had many conversations with Olivia about life, God, and everything in between. The family's love for God is so evident and I am so blessed to be considered their American daughter while I am here. On Saturday while I was with the family, Olivia, Willie, and I walked to the beach from their house to watch the sunset. The silence in those moments as I took in God's craftmenship is too amazing to put into words. I felt as if my thanksgiving weren't enough for the blessings He had already given me, but I know in that moment God knew my heart. 
This week we moved back onto camp and finished training. Becky, and others, prepared us for the summer. We learned how often we will have to wear close toed shoes (pretty much all the time), what to do if we find a snake (kill it quickly), and how many different types of wrenches there are in the tool shed (lots). We begin work on Sunday and I can't wait to see what the next week holds! 
(Me, Becky,Stephanie, Hannah, Kailey, Tabitha, Julie, and Rob (who was in Nevada at the time)) 

Prayer Requests
-For our team and the rest of the staff, as this is the first week of the summer
-For the American group this week, Chapel Grace
-For the kids that come to our VBS this week at La Semilla
-Safety during the construction projects that take place at RAV

I can't thank everyone enough for all the support in have already received! 
Blessings, 
Chelsea



No comments:

Post a Comment