photo images_zpsbde752ba.jpg photo images_zps62e819c2.jpg photo images2_zps8dce0743.jpg

Friday, June 27, 2014

Week 3: FPC Wickenburg and Vino Nuevo


Te amo Cristo muy dentro de mi corazón
Te amo Cristo muy dentro de mi corazón
Dentrodentrodentro de mi corazón
Dentrodentrodentro de mi corazón


One of the sweet ladies from the church we worked with this week taught this song to the children at VBS and it has been stuck in my head. It translates in English as, "I love you, Christ, very deep in my heart. Deep, deep, deep, in my heart." This week I felt that.

Our American group this week was a group of 12 from Arizona ranging from high schoolers to sweet men and women who were like grandparents to us. One of the them, a father to a full time staffer here, even insisted we call him Papa. They were so personal and encouraging. Last week I prayed that I would be able to form better relationships with the groups and God heard my prayers. He answered them with this sweet group that I was able to serve alongside with beautifully.

In the mornings we worked in a church called Vino Nuevo,which I have mentioned before. We have been attending church here and this week we were able to minister to them. While some worked on finishing a room, others helped with an English class, where, as most of you know, my passion lies. As I found out about this ministry, and the time drew closer I got more excited. On Monday when we began to set up I asked God to bless out time and fuel my passion for teaching English. He didn't fail me. We had about 4 students each day and our conversation was so joyful. It is so inspiring to see people intently focus on learning something by choice.There was a girl my age in the class that is incredibly sweet. I am so glad I am able to continue my relationship with her so we can practice her English and my Spanish. This was another time I felt God answering my prayers regarding relationship building!

In the afternoon we hopped around town to do 2 one day VBSs and 1 two day VBS. The kids we interacted with were beyond precious and so loving. I enjoyed getting to watch the group share the gospel each day. The pastors of each site were so receiving and thankful as we loved on the children they minister to year round. As I observed the children I was so amazed at how open they are with us. None of them ever hesitated to sit on our laps, give us hugs, play with our hair, or tell us anything we asked. I have began to fall in love with how honest this culture is.

This week is one I hope I never forget. Between the people, the experiences, and seeing God move in my heart and the hearts of others, these past 5 days have been chalk full of memories and lessons. I can't believe I am only here for less than 6 weeks longer. 

Prayer Requests:
-For our American group, Sunland Neighborhood Church from Sunland, CA, as they travel here Sunday and prepare their hearts to serve. 
-For our street Ministry on Monday as we advertise for VBS. 
-For our Sports Ministry at Casa de Esperanza, an orpanage here in Ensenada. 
-For our VBS and Construction ministry at a church called El Mesias.

No comments:

Post a Comment